Denby Dale Community Library
Update from the Trustees, 14 May 2021
DDCL trustees are working with Kirklees Library Service and The Kirkwood on our gradual re-opening plans
Our re-opening starts on Monday 17th May with Safe Browsing
Soon there will be over 700 new books to choose from
Initial opening hours:
- Mondays 1pm – 6pm
- Fridays 10am – 1pm
Bookable IT sessions.
You can book a 45 minute slot at the times below (to allow for cleaning between uses)
Ring Kirklees Libraries on 01484 414868 or by accessing Kirklees Library Service online booking system here:
- Mondays 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm
- Fridays 10am, 11am and 12 noon
Health and safety lies at the heart of our preparations, as we work hard to make sure visitors and Kirklees Library Service staff remain safe. Under the current guidelines this means:
- Numbers will be limited in the library to 4 visitors (plus 2 staff)
- You may be asked to queue outside during busy periods
- Visitors will be asked to provide contact details for Test & Trace
- You will be asked to wear a face covering
- Returned books will be placed in the green waste bin (for 72 hours quarantine)
- Your time to browse safely will also be limited to 15 minutes.
- Your time to use the computer will be limited to 40 minutes.
We will expand our services and opening hours as restrictions relax, Kirklees staff return to the library service and we can welcome back volunteers – keeping everyone safe throughout.
In June The Kirkwood hope to re-open the Café and shop, initially opening on one day each week.
We will update you again soon.