Donors 2013 – 16
It took 4 years to raise over the £240,000 required to build our new community building, thanks to the work of a committed group of local volunteers and the financial and other support given by a wide range of donors and local business supporters.
We are very grateful for the many donations we received during this, our construction phase, from those made locally in our collecting tins to the large number of individual donations from a wide range of organisations.
We would like to thank our key donors for their significant donations:
- Kirklees Council, Denby Dale Area Committee and Denby Dale Parish Council
- A number of charitable trusts: Garfield Weston Foundation, Cheridan Raithby, Huddersfield Common Good and Sir George Martin
- Local businesses Nisa, Yorkshire’s Finest who chose us as the nominated charity at their 2015 charity ball and the Emley Players who have donated their time to run several Murder Mystery evenings for us.
We are lucky to live in a supportive and proactive local business community. This long list of individuals and businesses helped us during our construction phase, by donating their expertise and/or materials, either at reduced rates or free of charge. We thank them all!
First of all we have received valuable advice and support from these professional advisers:
Karen and Andrew Fox, Partners in Orange Circle, have provided – and continue to provide – marketing expertise, including designing this website.
Alyson Ronan of Ronan Developments came up with the design of our building and amended it many times as our needs have evolved. She has also steered our planning application through Kirklees.
- Fresh Horizons
- Ramsdens Solicitors
- Rogers Geotechnical Services
- Silkstone Environmental
Secondly, these businesses generously supplied goods and materials, either at reduced rates or free of charge:
- Dearneside Press
- Farrar Bamforth Associates Ltd
- Forresters Pub
- The Metal Store
- Pennine Industrial
- Rixonway Kitchens
- Swiftprint Ltd
- Zubarah Construction
We would like to thank the BuyitDirect group in Huddersfield for supplying the TV monitor in our building. Find out about the range of products through their dedicated websites: